[OS X TeX] Russian under utf-8?

Wolter Rose whrose at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 02:46:57 EST 2006

Reading the discussion on what might be the best encoding, this is
what I stumbled into this week.

I was recommended to switch to utf-8 by Allan Odgaard (of TextMate ---
great editor, BTW). However, when I had to typeset a Russian text, my
settings for Cyrillic were no longer working. This is what I used
under Western (Mac OS Roman):

\usepackage[T2A,OT1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[ot2enc]{inputenc}
\usepackage[russian,english]{babel}

Now for this project I am back to Western (Mac OS Roman).

Does anyone know how I can get this (or any other Russian/Cyrillic)
working under utf-8? I cann't use XeTeX yet, because I need Hebrew in
the same text, and do'nt have the time to convert all the Hebrew to
Unicode.

Thanks,

Wolter