[OS X TeX] Encoding

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jan 14 06:29:51 EST 2006

Am 14.01.2006 um 11:42 schrieb Arno Kruse:

> My first cautious attempts to do the same with my .tex stuff ended
> in disaster: files with delightful, but senseless glyphs. Obviously
> I made mistakes.

What were your mistakes? Not knowing iconv or recode? Not knowing how
to do it properly in GNU Emacs? And now having wasted all your
original encoded files ...

> My question: Does anyone know an intelligible to all (so even to
> me) tutorial how to convert and use .tex files within utf8 encoding?

If Google can't give any help then you would need to write that
manual yourself and send it to Joe Slater for http://www.esm.psu.edu/
mac-tex/. What are the other sites in the OS X TeX list eMails'
footers providing? No details, which put together pave the path to
success?

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

In Deutschland kann es keine Revolution geben, weil mensch dazu den
Rasen betreten müsste. (Joseph Stalin)