[OS X TeX] How to plot functions with PGF and TeXShop ?

Bernhard Barkow bb at creativeeyes.at
Sun Jan 15 12:59:01 EST 2006

Hi,

On 15.01.2006, at 18:44, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm facing a strange problem with PGF (a package for drawings, by
>> Till Tantau, that I am currently testing) and TeXShop. This
>> package needs and calls Gnuplot to plot functions. To do this, you
>> have to call pdflatex with the option "shell-escape". Here is an
>> example:
>
> Howdy,
>
> Is there a recent binary distribution of Gnuplot for Mac OS X?

if you don't use fink (or X11), there is a site with good
instructions at
http://www.lee-phillips.org/info/Macintosh/gnuplot.html  ("Here it is").
As far as I remember, building it from sources was no problem at all
(maybe using some ./configure options). I've been using Gnuplot 4.0
with X11 as well as Aquaterm for quite some time now, works great.

	Bernhard

___________________ gpg key ID _ A89F09C45921020D __