[OS X TeX] TeXShop, iconv and encoding

Bastian Philipps bph at gmx.info
Sun Jan 15 18:11:50 EST 2006

Hi people,

I just tried to convert all my so far in MacOSRoman encoded files to ISO
Latin9 (ISO-8859-15) using iconv.

But somehow it seems not to be working as it should.
When I select Latin1 in TeXShop and use
"iconv -f MacRoman -t ISO-8859-1 example.tex > converted.tex"
in the terminal.And then open converted.tex in TeXShop, it works without
problem.
But when I select Latin 9 in TeXShop and use
"iconv -f MacRoman -t ISO-8859-15 example.tex > converted.tex",
when opening in TeXShop I receive an error message, that the file was
not encoded using ISO Latin9.

Any ideas why I cannot convert to latin9?

Thanks for the help
Bastian