[OS X TeX] Embedding movies

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Wed Jan 18 05:30:50 EST 2006

Hi everybody,

for a while I've been trying to embed quicktime movies in PDFs and
I've come across problems, maybe someone can help me.

AFAIK two packages exist to embed movies into QT, easymovie and
movie15. Unfortunately, easymovie isn't able to handle H.264 encoded
movies which forced me to movie15

I have the following problem: At the moment, Preview (and therefore
also TeXShop) can't handle embedded movies, only Adobe Reader can
(and here you have to use the latest version of you want to use QT7).
This in itself wouldn't be so terrible, if I was able to embed the
movie in a way that it would be played in Adobe Reader while Preview
would only display the (non moving) poster image. Unfortunately, this
doesn't work properly. I use the following snippet

\begin{figure}[bt]
\centering
\includemovie[controls=true,poster,mouse=true,mimetype= video/
quicktime,text={\includegraphics[scale=1]{poster image}}]{384pt}
{224pt}{clip.mov}
\end{figure}

While this gives me the desired result when viewed in Adobe Reader I
get strange things in Preview; it does display the poster image, but
there is a strange yellow border around the image (like a link, but I
haven't defined a link color yellow anywhere) and there is some text
visible in the upper left corner of the image. Something about
"attachment" but it's not well readable since two texts are on top of
each other.

TIA

simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Mutschellenstr. 97

Telephon: ++41 43 535 81 71
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"I have never been certain that the moral of the Icarus myth is, as
is generally accepted, 'don't fly too high', or whether it might also
be thought of as: 'forget about the wax and feathers, and do a better
job on the wings." Stanley Kubrick