[OS X TeX] paths in input & include

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Sun Jan 22 16:16:16 EST 2006

On Jan 22, 2006, at 3:31 PM, Morten Høgholm wrote:

> IIRC, it should be
>   \include{"subfile\space with\space spaces\space in\space its
> \space name"}
> but only for \include.

Yes! \include{"folder\space 1/folder\space 2/My\space file"} worked.

On Jan 22, 2006, at 3:38 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> My understanding is that \input is a TeX primitive while \include
> is a LaTeX command which seems to be used essentially for including
> a chapter (it also puts a clear page.)

I understand. Still, these under-the-hood issues cause an
inconsistency at the user level.

BTW, \input and \include are sufficiently different that I almost
exclusively use \include: in a multisegment document such as a book,
\include can selectively typeset a portion of the larger document
(usually a chapter) while retaining access to information, such as
equation numbers etc., defined in the rest of the document.