[OS X TeX] Gerhardt's TeX scripts

Philipp Mathey pmathey at uwo.ca
Mon Jan 23 17:29:10 EST 2006

Hi,

I just noticed that one of the "TeX scripts" by Claus Gerhardt is
called "pdflatex_acrobat".
According to the "ReadMe" , this script can be used to close and re-
open a pdf-file in
"Acrobat 6.0.1 Professional" .

My questions :
-does this work under Tiger ?
- can I use it with "Adobe Reader 7.0.5" ?
- can I use it independently of TeXshop . i.e. I just want to run it
in a bash script ( for Emacs)

I heard somewhere that "Emacs is not Apple-scriptable" or something
like that.
In the TeX script directory some scripts are called shell scripts ,
others Apple scripts.
I assume that pdflatex_acrobat is an apple script; could one turn it
into a shell script ?

What I am really after is a way to use Adobe Reader as a previewer
with auto-refresh.