[OS X TeX] flashmode and TeXShop's sync

Steffen Wolfrum osxtex_2 at st.estfiles.de
Tue Jan 24 17:15:58 EST 2006

Hi,

when I open a TEX file in TeXShop and use Claus' flashmode then
another window opens up in TeXShop previewing a PDF file.
When I edit the TEX file at a specific spot the PDF file in the
preview window gets updated.

When I now Cmd-Click in the TEX file to see the result of what I was
editing then TeXShop opens a second preview window:
This window displays the same PDF file as the first (Automatic
Preview Update). The only difference is the highlighted spot of what
I have edited.

If I now see in this second (TeXShop generated) preview window
another spot that I want to edit then Cmd-Click brings me back to the
source file.
In the first (flashmode generated) preview window this doesn't work.
Syncing is not active (also the preview settings "Magnification",
"Display Format" are not active, grayed).

So the best would be to avid this first, flashmode generated window.

How can I do this?

Steffen (using flashmode 2.1.1 on Tiger G4)