[OS X TeX] flashmode and TeXShop's sync

Steffen Wolfrum osxtex_2 at st.estfiles.de
Wed Jan 25 09:07:28 EST 2006

Am 24.01.2006 um 23:34 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> Am 24.01.2005 um 23:15 schrieb Steffen Wolfrum:
>
>> when I open a TEX file in TeXShop and use Claus' flashmode then
>> another window opens up in TeXShop previewing a PDF file.
>> When I edit the TEX file at a specific spot the PDF file in the
>> preview window gets updated.
>
> You're wrong here: when TeXShop sees that both TeX source and PDF
> output exist it opens both. You'll then have the editor window and
> the viewer window open.

*You* a wrong here, Peter:
When I wrote  "when I open a TEX file in TeXShop and ..."   I didn't
say that a PDF output already exists, right?

And that's exactly what I mean (you have a tex file and open it and
then run flashmode ... and so on).
Maybe you didn't understand the problem. But please don't confuse our
dear readers.

Thank you,
Steffen