[OS X TeX] hyperlink to files in samefolder as pdf

Keith M. Chugg chugg at usc.edu
Wed Jan 25 18:03:19 EST 2006

I was trying to do the same thing today and I luckily found this
thread...

One thing that I noticed is that using the suggestion:

> \href{run:file.xls}{open please...}

produces a link that

* runs just fine in the TexShop preview window, in older versions of
TexShop (I think it was 2.03)
* doesn't even show the little yellow box in the latest TexShop 2.09
* shows the link/box in Preview, but bonks when you click
* works fine in Acrobat after a warning dialog (you can disable this
after the first time).

This makes me believe that it is some kind of security setting in
Preview.  Doesn't TexShop use the same basic engine as preview?  If
so, what was changed between 2.03 and 2.09 that shuts off this
hyperlinking?

I also tried:

2) \href{full_path/file.xls}{open please...}

and

3) \href{run:full_path/file.xls}{open please...}

(2) shows up as a link in texhshop, preview and AA.  Get a bonk in
texshop and preview; AA tries to open in my default browser.  It also
displays as a link to a webpage rather than a local file...

(3) shows as a link in all 3, works in AA, works in texhsop-preview,
and bonks in preview...

So the change in 2.03 to 2.09 is that in 2.09 it seems you need
run:full_path to work in the texshop preview... This is frustrating
because this is a cool feature!

Thanks,

Keith