[OS X TeX] beamer (was: FOILtex OR Seminar)

Samuel Lelievre samuel.lelievre at univ-rennes1.fr
Thu Jan 26 15:25:55 EST 2006

On 26 Jan 2006, Marcus wrote:

>wow,
>
>hmm the beamer class looks great. But it seems very
>overwhelming. 200 pages documentation ;-)
>I hope I got it, until the deadline in 2 weeks :D

Hi Marcus,

if you don't want to read the 200 pages docuymentation,
you could start with the example files available at
  http://latex-beamer.sourceforge.net/

For those who can read French: Thierry Masson
(http://qcd.th.u-psud.fr/page_perso/Masson/) also made
a presentation of some of what you can do with beamer,
find it (9 Mb) at
  http://qcd.th.u-psud.fr/page_perso/Masson/TELECHARGEMENTS/2004-01-19.tar.gz
and find the source files (9.3 Mb) at
  http://qcd.th.u-psud.fr/page_perso/Masson/TELECHARGEMENTS/2004-01-19.zip
Thierry Masson's presentation also explains some things
about (pdf)LaTeX, a few packages, and the installation
and local management of LaTeX packages.

Best of luck!
Samuel