[OS X TeX] Bibtex hangs, taxes processor

Frederick Hoyt fmhoyt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 14:08:49 EST 2006

Hi,

I am having a strange problem with bibtex. When I run bibtex (both
through texshop and on the command line), it hangs and any audio I
might be running starts to cut out for 1-2 second intervals, which I
take to mean that the processor is getting taxed. In Texshop this is
accompanied by the spinning beach ball.

This came out of nowhere as I was working on a document, so all I can
think is that something got corrupted somewhere. I tried installing
the update to 10.4.4 as well as re-installing tex through i-Installer,
but to no avail.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions regarding this?

Thanks,

Fred Hoyt
Austin, TX

--
"It is important that students bring a certain ragamuffin barefoot
irreverence to their studies; they are not here to worship what is