[OS X TeX] monowidth font justified

Georg Verweyen verweyen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 16:09:28 EST 2006

Ingo Reich schrieb:

> Hi Georg,
> nice package, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks. Just one
> observation: it seems to me that if I want (at most) 40 characters
> per line (justified), then I need to specify chars=41 rather than
> chars=40. I tested this with iterating "1 3 5 7 9 1 3 5 7 9 1 3 5 7
> 90 2 4 6 8 0". Is this correct?

Hmm... might be, I do hope it is not :-|
Did you use version 0.6? 0.5 only worked due to a bug in latin modern.
Did you observe the same problem with non justificated text? That should
be the reference as those old contracts based on Normseiten didn't even
think about justification. The calculation with justificated text is
just done on a trial and error base to get about the same result as with
raggedright text.

I don't think I could take care of the problem before june, but maybe
its okay to add a character - it is tricky to do such stupid things like
Normseiten with LaTeX. :-/

I will have a closer look later, promised.

Georg