[OS X TeX] Favorite TeXShop Macros

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jan 29 19:47:34 EST 2006

Howdy,

Just for the ``halibut'' I'm wondering what are your favorite TeXShop
macros.

To get started I use the ``Find Next/Previous "Tab"'' macros along
with the Command completion with the • ``Tabs''. I've added another
one that has the Delete line enabled too. Then comes the ``Delete
Auxiliary Files'' macro; I've got two versions of that one which do/
doesn't delete some extra files (e.g., bbl and pdf). Then comes The
``Open Selection'' macro that allows me to simply choose the base
file name on an included file (e.g., via \usepackage{}) and it finds
(using kpsewhich I assume) it and opens it in TeXShop; a great way to
examine package files, etc. And then there is ``Fast Open'' and
``Open teTeX.'' Finally, I've got autocomplete enabled for several
items (e.g., " gives me ``''• with the selection and insertion point
between the `` and the '' so I also have several ``Quoted'' macros
that give the raw character for those expansions.

I've been using the BibDesk citation autocompletion InputManager so I
don't use the Find Reference/Citation macros.

That's my most used list. What are your favorites?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)