[OS X TeX] Re: paths for graphics files

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Jan 30 12:32:06 EST 2006

Le 30 janv. 06 à 18:27, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> On Jan 30, 2006, at 11:16 AM, Frank STENGEL wrote:
>

>> Just a question: would'nt
>>
>> simpdftex --maxpfb --dvipsopts "-R0"
>>
>> work?
>
> The short answer is NO. The first argument to simpdftex tells it
> the format file to use:
>
> simpdftex tex --maxpfb --dvipsopts "-R0"
>
> or
>
> simpdftex latex --maxpfb --dvipsopts "-R0"
>
> for TeX or LaTeX respectively. But you should be able to use that
> from the command line directly. That does the complete (lat)tex
> +dvips+distiller (default ps2pdf13).

Plus, if I understood correctly, using --dvipsopts instead of --
extradvipsopts erases all other dvips options (--maxpfb in this
case). From /Library/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/simpdftex
(a human readable perl script):

	--dvipsopts
		Give arbitrary arguments to dvips, e.g.
		--dvipsopts "-M"
		Sets extension for --extendedfilename to .custom. --dvipsopts
		overrides other flags that set dvipsopts.
	[...]
	--extradvipsopts
		Give extra arbitrary arguments to dvips, e.g.
		--extradvipsopts "-M"
		Sets extra options for dvips and does not set extension
		or override other options. Options will be added to the end
		of the options for dvips

Bruno Voisin