[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT and transparency

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Tue Jul 4 00:40:17 EDT 2006

On Jul 4, 2006, at 12:22 AM, A.R. Criswell wrote:

> I am trying to drag and drop equations from LaTeXiT to MS Powerpoint
> (/for Mac). However, I do not get a transparent background. The
> background is white.
>
> Is there a way to create a transparent background for the equations?

It is transparent, it is my understanding that PowerPoint doesn't
properly support the transparency. It is amazing that after all these
versions, the huge number of users, and the massive number of
programmers working on PowerPoint that it is still such a crappy
piece of software. I recommend using beamer (free) or Keynote (not
free) if you can. Heck, even for sponsors who "require" PowerPoint, I
can usually talk them into accepting a PDF.

-- Gary