[OS X TeX] Xindy?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sat Jul 8 17:30:33 EDT 2006

> On 8-jul-2006, at 15:12, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>

>> Am 08.07.2006 um 14:58 schrieb Maarten Sneep:
>>
>>> This beta includes a lisp that is known to work with xindy,
>>> simplifying the build quite a bit.
>>
>> What about the Xindy RTE? It seems it is missing Mac OS X and PPC
>> support ... (crashes and false assumptions)

Just out of curiosity (how hard can this be, I wondered?), I decided
to have a go at building xindy for OS X. If anyone cares to try it
out (I've just run a couple of minimal examples, but they seemed to
work OK), you can find a link to the archive at <http://
www.jfkew.plus.com/xindy-macosx.html>.

This should be complete and ready-to-run (on Tiger; no idea if it'll
run on Panther); just unpack into /opt/xindy-2.2 and add the /opt/
xindy-2.2/bin directory to your PATH. The binary is PPC, not Intel
(sorry, you people with new machines)... but that's what Rosetta is for.

I'd be interested to know if this works for people, but can't offer
any support if it doesn't!

JK