[OS X TeX] New alpha Textures with support for graphics

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Jul 13 04:25:02 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm not sure whether such announcements are useful or appropriate
here, but in case there are other Textures-interested readers I'm
going on anyway. Please tell me if you think it's inappropriate.

Just yesterday apparently (I'm checking for updates everyday) a new
version 2.2.0a4 of alpha OS X Textures has been posted to the Blue
Sky TeX Systems site at <http://www.bluesky.com/news/220a.html>. It
contains now support for graphics, in the form of:

- Inclusion of EPS, PDF and PICT files through \special{illustration
<filename>}.

- Inclusion of images pasted into the Pictures window of Classic
Textures documents, through \special{picture <filename>}.

This was IMHO the only major missing feature (with support for
virtual fonts, possibly, and a more powerful editor including search-
and-replace, block comment and indent, interface with OS X or
cocoAspell spell check) preventing test of OS Textures for day-to-day
work.

I don't know whether the current driver file textures.def for the
LaTeX graphics package will work as is for OS Textures, or whether it
needs some fixing. We'll see.

Bruno Voisin