[OS X TeX] Figure across pages

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Jul 13 04:40:18 EDT 2006

Le 13 juil. 06 à 06:32, Charilaos Skiadas a écrit :

> 	I have the following problem. I have a figure that has 8
> subfigures in it, arranged using the \subfloat command and using
> the subfig environment. However, these do not all fit in one page.
> What I want to to send two of them in the next page, but without
> actually creating a new figure. So if the one page says "Figure 2",
> I want the other page to say "Figure 2, continued."
>
> Is there an easy way to do that?

Depends on what you mean by "easy". Recently I've been using (not
involving subfig, which I don't know):

\begin{figure}
   \centering
   \begin{tabular}{@{}c@{\quad}c@{}}
     \includegraphics{fig1a} & \includegraphics{fig1b} \\
[\medskipamount]
     \includegraphics{fig1c} & \includegraphics{fig1d} \\
[\medskipamount]
     \includegraphics{fig1f} & \includegraphics{fig1g}
   \end{tabular}
   \caption{For caption see facing page.}
\end{figure}%
\addtocounter{figure}{-1}%