[OS X TeX] Where to put the .sty ?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Jul 13 09:27:12 EDT 2006

Le 13 juil. 06 à 14:57, André Bellaïche a écrit :

> Suppose I have written a file called "myletter.sty". Wher should I
> put in the gw tree in order all the 3 users on my mac can  use it,
> via \usepackage or \input ?

Inside /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/latex/. You'll need
administrator rights to put files there, either via drag-and-drop
from the Finder, or using "sudo mkdir", "sudo mv" and "sudo cp" from
the Terminal. In both cases you'll need to run "sudo texhash"
afterwards.

See also the output of:

	kpsewhich --progname=latex --show-path=tex

> Suppose I have also written a little user guide called
> myletter.doc.pdf. Haw can I manage so that Terminal/texdoc myletter
> can find it ?

Inside /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/doc/latex/.

See also the output of:

	kpsewhich --progname=texdoc --show-path="TeX system documentation"

And for the relative roles of the different texmf trees, see:

	/Library/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/README.howtexfindsfiles.txt
	/Library/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/README.texmf.gwtex.txt

as well as:

	<http://ii2.sourceforge.net/tex-index.html#not%20found>
	<http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/texlive-tetex.html>

Hope this helps,