[OS X TeX] Figure across pages

George Gratzer gratzer at ms.umanitoba.ca
Thu Jul 13 12:35:38 EDT 2006

I am continued to be puzzled by the amount of work being put into
rather trivial problems.

Why don't you merge the first 6 illustrations into one and the last
two into another one? Have only two figure environments.

I would call the first, say,

Figure 11: Demonstration of the process of obtaining the basis

the next

Figure 12: Demonstration of the process of obtaining the basis,
continued.

LaTeX's ability to place figures correctly is very limited; use it
only in "draft" mode. Then you decide what should be top, bottom, or
here!

GG