[OS X TeX] TeXShop landscape previews, still

AES siegman at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 14 15:49:43 EDT 2006

After some further struggling, and printing out and trying to read
the dense 38-page pdftex manual:

Sorry to continue being obtuse about this, but I sure would be
appreciative if someone would post (or email to me)

--the *complete* TeXShop input file, including all necessary pdftex
or other command lines and/or \input's,

--and the full sequence of TeXShop menu commands

required to place, preview in a "full window" mode, and save to PDF
file the following test material (or similar *plain* TeX material)

\nopagenumbers
\hrule
\vfill
\centerline{SLIDE TITLE}
\bigskip
\leftline{Some slide content with math: $x=\alpha / \beta^3$, and a
display equation:}
$$
x= {\alpha \over \b^3}
$$
\vfill
\vfill
\hrule

--with the preview and output in landscape mode, that is, inside a
nominal 10"" wide by 7" high typesetting area, centered inside an 11"
wide by 8.5" high page

--and with a "\magnification = \magstepN" command properly located in
the input file so that changing the integer value of N and
re-typesetting will change the size of the typeset content within the
page, but not the sizes of the typesetting area or the output page

--in *plain* TeX on a Mac iBook G$, OS 10.3.9, using TeXShop 1.43 and
associated material installed following the basic installation
instructions for MacTeX from the 2005 TUG CD.