[OS X TeX] RTF2LaTeX2e (was: new fat i-Packages)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jul 15 18:03:45 EDT 2006

Am 15.07.2006 um 18:37 schrieb André Bellaïche:

> Conclusions: 1) To install Unix software, you have to think by
> yourself (I hate that).
> 2) At the end, it never works.

No, no, there is a wonderful and short learning curve.

The i-Package contains an RTF file. It tells to make this way:

	sudo make CC=gcc2 install

The problem seems to be that you need a very old gcc version 2 ...

To find out whether the file rtf2latex2e/rtf2latex2e.bin might work,
there is the command ``file´´. ``file <some object>´´ gives a
description of that object. For an old Mac OS X programme the
description should be

	Mach-O executable ppc

You would need to install rtf2latex2e.bin as (/usr/local/bin/)
rtf2latex2e (I see no real use for the sym-link) and also the
rtf2latex2e/pref directory in /usr/local as /usr/local/rtf2latex2e/
pref. I just used the binary (with RTF2LATEX2E_DIR set in the
environment) from the tape archive in the i-Package and it converted
an RTF file to LaTeX -- not so well. ``%&LaTeX´´ stands in the first
line (declaration OK for old TeXShop 1), declarations about encodings
are missing. Fonts are not mapped.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so.