[OS X TeX] Xindy?

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Mon Jul 17 03:55:02 EDT 2006

On 16.07.2006, at 22:36, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> On 16-jul-2006, at 22:17, Simon Spiegel wrote:
>
>> I'm a bit late to reply on this, I just came back from my
>> vacations. Thank you very much for providing this, I'll check it
>> and give my feedback next week.
>
> I (and the xindy mailing list people) are still interested in
> reports on installing the source package at http://dev.atmarama.org/
> xindy-2.2-beta2.tar.gz
> This package is intended to become the default install method for
> Xindy. The package works for me with:
>
> download and unarchive:
> 	curl -O http://dev.atmarama.org/xindy-2.2-beta2.tar.gz
> 	tar -xzf xindy-2.2-beta2.tar.gz
> 	cd xindy-2.2-beta2
> Configure:
> 	./configure
> Build:
> 	make
> Sanity check:
> 	make check
> Install:
> 	sudo make install

Ok, this still doesn't work. I'm on an Intel iMac, running 10.4.7
with fink installed. make ends with the following messages:

cd vacall_r; make all
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
cd trampoline_r; make all
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
cd vacall_r; make all
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
cd trampoline_r; make all
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
cd vacall_r; make check
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `check'.
cd trampoline_r; make check
./test1
make[4]: *** [check] Illegal instruction
make[3]: *** [check-subdirs] Error 2
make[2]: *** [callback.h] Error 2
make[1]: *** [xindy.run] Error 2
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

> The defaults for the configure are sane (it uses the tree at /usr/
> local). Make sure none of the CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, ...FLAGS environment
> variables are set, issuing "env | grep FLAG" should produce no output.

This generates no output.

> Fink may or may not interfere with this installation, if it fails
> try again with /sw removed from the search path.

Stupid question: Which search path and how do I remove something from
it?

TIA

simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"Was soll aus mir mal werden, wenn ich mal nicht mehr bin?" Robert
Gernhardt