[OS X TeX] Xindy?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Jul 17 04:38:00 EDT 2006

Le 17 juil. 06 à 09:55, Simon Spiegel a écrit :

> On 16.07.2006, at 22:36, Maarten Sneep wrote:
>
>> Fink may or may not interfere with this installation, if it fails
>> try again with /sw removed from the search path.
>
> Stupid question: Which search path and how do I remove something
> from it?

To the first question: in Terminal, type

	echo $PATH

For me that returns

	/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-
darwin-current:/usr/local/bin:/opt/local/bin

The first 4 items are OS X standard, I think; the fifth is added by
the TeX i-Package (if you went by the default of allowing CLI
activation) and the sixth by the GhostScript i-Package (again if you
stuck to the default of CLI activation). The seventh item is
something I added manually for DarwinPorts.

Regarding the second question, I'm not sure how Fink adds /sw to the
search path. It may be by creating and/or modifying config files in
your home directory; for bash, that would be either of
~/.bash_profile, ~/.bash_login or ~/.profile. i-Installer works by
modifying the system-wide /etc/profile (for bash) and /etc/csh.login
(for tcsh). In case Fink modifies them as well, you may comment the
related lines in these files. Given they are owned by root, you'll
have to edit them from Terminal, typing in, for example

	sudo pico /etc/profile
	sudo pico /etc/csh.login

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin