[OS X TeX] no document proxy icon for documents opened w/ texdoc?

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Wed Jul 19 15:32:44 EDT 2006

On Jul 19, 2006, at 12:22 , Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 19.07.2006 um 18:48 schrieb Justin C. Walker:
>
>> The .pdf ends up in the directory holding the .dvi, assuming
>> permissions match.  If they don't, it's not clear to me where it
>> ends up.  Perhaps in an off-screen buffer? :-}
>
> TeXShop uses simpdftex to convert DVI to PDF (from my console.log):
[snip]
> 	TeXShop 14105 pete  txt     VREG                              stat
> (/private/tmp/TeXShop_Output/das.pdf): No such file or directory
>
> So the files seem to be deleted after TeXShop has read them ...

Looks correct; the files are still around (which is why 'lsof' finds
them), but they are "unlinked" (0 link count), so when TeXShop either
closes the file or exits, the files will really go away.  An old Unix
trick to keep temp files from building up.

Cheers,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large