[OS X TeX] MacTeX installer and man pages

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Fri Jul 21 12:08:28 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I just upgraded to Tiger and installed TeX and friends using the
latest MacTeX installer (very nice!). I need to look at the man page
for ps2pdf, so I opened the terminal and typed 'man ps2pdf'. This
gives the response 'No manual entry for ps2pdf'. However, if I look
in /usr/local/man/man1, I see ps2pdf.1, as I should. So apparently,
something (path setting or otherwise) is not getting set for the man
pages. What's the recommended way to do this? Shouldn't this have
been done automagically by the MacTeX installer?

Thanks.

Chris Goedde