[OS X TeX] Where (or what) is GhostScript?
siegman at stanford.edu
Sun Jul 23 16:08:46 EDT 2006
When I TeX something using TeXShop with TeX + Ghostscript selected,
it seems to work fine -- but where (or what) is Ghostscript?
I have vague memories of acquiring and installing an app or utility
called "Ghostscript" back in the OS 9 era or maybe even earlier, in
order to give GraphicConverter (or was it iView MediaPro?) some added
capabilities -- and of being confused at the time as to just what GS
was, or did -- especially since there seemed to be several variants
Now when I do a Finder search for "ghost" on my OS 10.3.9 system, the
only thing that seems to turn up is a file named
* Where, and what, is Ghostscript?
* Are there things I, as a simple-minded TeX user, should know about it?
* Preferences I need to set for it, or commands I need to give it?
* A manual or readme for it?
* And can I open that receipt for it with some text editor, just out of
curiousity, and without risking damage?
------------------------- Info --------------------------
Mac-TeX Website: http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/
& FAQ: http://latex.yauh.de/faq/
TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
List Archive: http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/
More information about the MacOSX-TeX