[OS X TeX] problems with minitoc package

Jason Davies ophiochos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 18:10:32 EDT 2006

Hi people, this is probably a no-brainer but I can't work it out.

I want to use the minitoc package and have followed the instructios with the package but I get this error in TeXShop:

File "mtcmess.sty" not found.

then I get a host of errors such as:

!Argument of \@gobble has an extra }.

and

!Undefined control sequence
<argument>\mtcPackageInfo
    [<1003>](minitoc)(chapter level macros available...

I've faithfully copied the template in the pdf (as below) to no avail. Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong? thanks.

\documentclass[...]{article}
\usepackage[...options...]{minitoc}
\setlength{\stcindent}{24pt} default
\setcounter{secttocdepth}{2} default
\renewcommand{\stcfont}{\small\rmfamily\upshape\mdseries} default
\renewcommand{\stcSSfont}{\small\rmfamily\upshape\bfseries} default
or:
\mtcsetdepth{secttoc}{2} default
\mtcsetfont{secttoc}{*}{\small\rmfamily\upshape\mdseries} default
\mtcsetfont{secttoc}{subsection}{\small\rmfamily\upshape\bfseries} default
\begin{document}
\dosecttoc
\dosectlof
\dosectlot
\tableofcontents or \faketableofcontents
\listoffigures or \fakelistoffigures
\listoftables or \fakelistoftables
\section{...}
\secttoc if you want one