[OS X TeX] regexp for matching entire footnotes

Sergei Mariev sergei.mariev at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Jul 31 09:32:05 EDT 2006

Yes, I have installed TexShop 2.09d and it works just fine now! I
have tested it on a small document (2 footnotes) and it works just
fine. However, when I tested it on a very long file (200 pages and
about 500 footnotes) the follwing happens: find next works ok. "Find
all" does not: it starts looking but never recovers (even after 15
minutes)....

Am 30.07.2006 um 16:43 schrieb Kino:

> On Sunday, 2006-07-30, at 23:26:38 +0900, Sergei Mariev wrote:
>
>> Perhaps I am using an old version of TexShop? (Mine is 2.09a)
>
> Perhaps. I tested the regex with 2.09b and 2.10beta2 and I don't
> keep an earlier version. Please try a newer version.
>
>> No matter which options, or no options checked I keep getting the
>> message "never ending recursion"....
>
> I have not seen that message yet but I just noticed that "Find
> Longest" would make the operation very slow. I tend to think many
> of the search options are useless.
>

> Kino

Sergei Mariev
Hinweis ab jetzt neue Nummer +49 (0)163-846-62-00
+49 (0)8153-986-716