[OS X TeX] i-Installer 2.78 released

Robert Bruner rrb at math.wayne.edu
Thu Jun 1 15:57:42 EDT 2006

Matthias Damm wrote:

> Am 01.06.2006 um 13:56 schrieb Gerben Wierda:
>
> > Bottom line: i-Installer 2.78 is safe to use (of course as far as I
> > know
> > and as with any software distribution: use at your own risk) and
> > will not
> > even trigger the OS X freeze bug on an 10.4.6 + QT 7.1 system.
>
> Thanks a lot Gerben!
>
> The only thing I noticed is that the "Please upgrade OS X" message is
> still displayed on startup.

I second the thanks, having a new Intel machine with 10.4.6 and
w/o Tex!

The startup message I got said up or down grade the OS!

Two oddities:  on http://ii2.sourceforge.net/
the link for i-Installer v2. simply returns you to the same page.

Also, http://ii2.sourceforge.net/tex-index.html
seems to end mid sentence:

	* use pdftex which directly creates PDF from TeX without going via
	Postscript. By default, most front ends on the Mac will use this route.
	But you win some (speed, simplicity, some special PDF options) and you
	lose some. What you mainly use

and that's it for the penultimate paragraph.

Bob

Robert R. Bruner, Professor    (313)-577-3179 (office)         |
Department of Mathematics      (313)-577-2479 (department)     |
Wayne State University         (313)-577-7596 (fax, shared)    |
Detroit, Michigan  48202       rrb at math.wayne.edu              |
USA                            http://www.math.wayne.edu/~rrb  |