[OS X TeX] closing windows in TeXShop

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Fri Jun 2 21:04:35 EDT 2006

On Jun 2, 2006, at 03:22 , Luis Sequeira wrote:

> I have experienced the following behavior, in TeXShop: bringing up
> several windows, and then closing them one by one (*), about half
> of the times the next window does not become active, as it should.
> There does  not seem to a clear pattern, as sometimes it happens
> when closing a source, sometimes a pdf window; and also the next
> window in line may be source or pdf.

I have noticed the same thing, and have written to Richard (about 6
months back) to request a "fix".

FWIW, I think it works this way:

If you close the .tex file/window, all related windows (pdf,
console, ...) will close as well.  I will guess that the remaining
windows are never brought forward at this point; at least, that's how
it looks after a number of tests.

If you close, say, a pdf window, the .tex window always seems to pop
forward, but I haven't checked that.

I agree that it would be an improvement to have some window forward
at all times.  As it is, it can be quite disconcerting.

Regards,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income