[OS X TeX] Counting words in a latex file

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jun 3 05:24:38 EDT 2006

Am 02.06.2006 um 14:12 schrieb George Ghio:

> I use Latexcount dowloaded from the Ctan site

In my test file with commented text lines and some \immediate\write16
{a readable text} it counts 30% too many words. Detex seems to count
too few words (15%), but subtracting the words in a table it's very
exact, sometimes (I have to understand its options better!). The
method with pdftotext counts a few (<10%) too much ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

What’s the difference between OS X and Vista?

Microsoft employees are excited about OS X…