[OS X TeX] Trouble installing a new font

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Jun 4 05:48:55 EDT 2006

Am 04.06.2006 um 08:58 schrieb delanoy at math.univ-lyon1.fr:

> I repeated many times the steps "sudo -H texhash"
> and "sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map etruscan.map", only to get
> the message "updmap: configuration (updmap.cfg) unchanged. Map
> files will
> not be recreated."

This message from updmap-sys I had a few times, too. I presume there
is a bug in updmap/updmap-sys that does not remove a list entry when
the the file was not found to create the final MAP files. What helps
is to remove the entry and add it again, now that is found by kpsewhich:

	sudo -H updmap-sys --disable etruscan.map
	sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map etruscan.map

One could think that kpsewhich finds both files, but: etruscan.map is
not a MAP file (there are only three of them: pdftex.map,
psfonts.map, and dvipdfm.map), it's only a MAP file fragment. These
do not mean anything to TeX, no matter which flavour. MAP file
fragments need to be in the $TEXMF/fonts/map/dvips// tree because
dvips used to use them long before?

--
Gretings

   Pete

To most people solutions mean finding the answers. But to chemists
solutions
are things that are still all mixed up.