[OS X TeX] dvips problem: addendum

Stephen Anderson stephen.anderson at yale.edu
Mon Jun 5 11:09:59 EDT 2006

Following up on my earlier message about dvips failing to find a file
that's where it belongs.  I now find that the fonts I have installed
in my own tree (~/Library/texmf/) are also not found, and when
TeXShop's script tries to recreate them it can't find any of the
sources.  When I tried to update the relevant map files from
terminal, updmap complained that it couldn't find them.  When I
defined TEXMF for the shell, though, it updated them fine (though
they still aren't visible to other programs invoked from TeXShop).

It looks like my texmf directory is invisible to various tex-related
programs (although not to LaTeX itself: style files in my local tree
seem to be found when running latex on a file that invokes them).

I'm sure I did something stupid in updating my tex installation, but
I can't really see what....

--
Steve Anderson