[OS X TeX] Placing eps figures

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Jun 5 17:42:15 EDT 2006

Goerge,

On Jun 5, 2006, at 22:19, George Gratzer wrote:

> Claus,
>
> Still not perfect.
>
> 1. It asks for the paper size -- annoying. How can I change it to
> know that I want "letter"?

Change the default answer "a4" to "letter" in the script.

> 2. Changed the name of the application to  "Adobe Illustrator CS",
> but it would not open it; after a long delay it gives me the list
> of all applications to choose from.

Pick Illustrator in the dialog it will only happen once. Apparently
your name is not correct.

> 3. Then
>
> AppleScriptError
>
> AFPL GhostScript 8.51: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

I guess you have a master/slave combination. There are two solutions:

1. Have the pdf window in front , when the script is invoked (either
by a key combination or install the macros button in the pdf toolbar
(see customize toolbars in the windows menu)).
2. Have the root file in front, when invoking the script.

Claus