[OS X TeX] typsetting in TeXShop

Jason Davies ucgajpd at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jun 8 09:04:12 EDT 2006

>There are a few depending on the kind of source, including latex and
>typeset. All take as an argument the reference to the source object,
>i.e. you need to assign the source file's path name to a variable and
>use this one later.
>

>Open Scripteditor to open an application's directory of functions (⇧⌘O)
>for AppleScript it offers to see what 'commands' there are.

I already have this:

tell application "BBEdit"
    activate
    save active document of text window 1
    set texdatei to file of active document of text window 1
end tell

tell application "TeXShop"
    activate
    open texdatei
    typeset texdatei
    --latex texdatei -- another attempt
end tell

but it doesn't recompile after I've edited it and tell BBEdit to run the script (thus my question about just typesetting the frontmost window).

I'm sure I'm missing something elementary:-)