[OS X TeX] ISO Help - Getting PDF Fonts Right

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jun 8 18:32:16 EDT 2006

Am 08.06.2006 um 21:33 schrieb Jeffrey Weimer:

> I'm "evolving" to TexShop/teTeX/MacOS X 10.4.6 from OzTex/MacOS 9.1
> (perhaps more like "Quantum Leaping" ...)

Using Quantum Leaps it would take generations. Or longer ...

To switch to the REAL fonts you need to run in Terminal on the
command line:

	sudo -H updmap-sys --setoption LW35=true
	sudo -H updmap-sys --setoption dvipsDownloadBase35=false
	sudo -H updmap-sys --setoption pdftexDownloadBase14=false
	sudo -H updmap-sys --setoption dvipdfmDownloadBase14=false

You can launch i-Installer again and choose in its Preferences in the
View tab "Expert Mode" and then choose the "Configure Only" route to
achieve the changes.

I switch to the REAL PS fonts with:

   \renewcommand{\rmdefault}{ptm}
   \renewcommand{\sfdefault}{phv}