[OS X TeX] suppress TOC

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at iwu.edu
Fri Jun 9 13:38:35 EDT 2006

On Jun 9, 2006, at 12:11 PM, Philipp Mathey wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> but I don't have a \tableofcontents in the preamble that I could
> comment out.
> The TOC I am talking about seems to be automatically created
> when using the hyperref package.
> I noticed that adding the option 'draft' to the documentclass
> line causes the TOC to disappear, but it also causes
> hyperlinks not to work anymore.

Let me make sure I understand this right. If you remove the hyperref
package and do NOT have draft as an option, there is no table of
contents created?
And then just including the hyperref package generates the table?
I don't see why the hyperref package would automatically create a
TOC, and I just tried in a tiny article to just include the hyperref
package, and there was no TOC created. My guess is that there is some
other reason why the TOC is created. Perhaps providing a small test
case demonstrating the problem would help.

> So the question is whether there is a way to use
> the hyperref package such that
> (1) the hyperlinks work, but
> (2) there is no table of contents attached to the document.

Haris