[OS X TeX] Two Texshop requests

David Poole poole at cs.ubc.ca
Wed Jun 14 00:33:40 EDT 2006

Thanks for the great tools for tex on my mac!

I have two suggestions for Texshop that I think should not be too
difficult to implement and will probably be widely appreciated:

1. fullscreen mode for showing the pdf. I often give presentations using
beamer. It would be great if I could show the presentation in texshop,
then when I want to edit a mistake, I can quickly go to the latex
source, recompile it and keep going. This is useful for practise talks
and also to show everyone who only knows powerpoint that alternatives
are just as simple to use!

2. when there are two filenames with the same name, it would be great to
show enough of the path to make them unique (as emacs does). We are
writing a textbook with associated slides and have ch08/lect3.tex and
ch12/lect3.tex, etc. It is surprising how often I have the same file
open, but I can't find the file I want very easily when the "window"
menu lists them as the same.

Thanks!
David