[OS X TeX] LucidaBright Fonts

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Jun 21 11:37:33 EDT 2006

Le 21 juin 06 à 15:58, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> To choose right MAP file fragments, decide whether you or system
> want(s) font names in Karl Berry or Y&Y style. In former case the
> MAP file fragments are:
>
> 	lucidabr-k.map
> 	lumath-k.map
>
> In latter case they are:
>
> 	lucidabr.map
> 	lumath.map
>
> Of course you can decide Karl Berry style for system and Y&Y style
> for you. Or otherwise.

I would advise using the latter set of map files. Both sets use Karl-
Berry-style file names for metrics (for example hlhr8r.tfm), but the
former set (lucidabr-k.map and lumath-k.map) suppose the PFB font
files have Karl-Berry-style names (for example hlhr8a.pfb) while the
latter set (lucidabr.map and lumath.map) supposes the PFB font files
have kept the original Y&Y names (for example lbr.pfb).

As a complement, I would suggest activating also the map files
lucidabr-o.map and lumath-o.map. These use the Y&Y names for both the
TFM files and the PFB files. It's necessary for using the Lucida
fonts in plain TeX, using the Y&Y-supplied lcdplain.tex and
amssymlb.tex.

In summary:

lucidabr-o.map: Y&Y TFM names (e.g. lbr.tfm) and Y&Y PFB names (e.g.
lbr.pfb) for text
lumath-o.map: Y&Y TFM names (e.g. lbmr.tfm) and Y&Y PFB names (e.g.
lbmr.pfb) for math

lucidabr.map: KB TFM names (e.g. hlhr8r.tfm) and Y&Y PFB names (e.g.
lbr.pfb) for text
lumath.map: KB TFM names (e.g. hlcrm.tfm) and Y&Y PFB names (e.g.
lbmr.pfb) for math

lucidabr-k.map: KB TFM names (e.g. hlhr8r.tfm) and KB PFB names (e.g.
hlhr8r.pfb) for text
lumath-k.map: KB TFM names (e.g. hlcrm.tfm) and KB PFB names (e.g.
hlcrm.pfb) for math

All these map files are pre-installed and live in:

/Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/map/dvips/lucida/
/Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/

I would suggest using the Y&Y PFB file names, and then typing in
Terminal:

	sudo -H texhash
	sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map lucidabr.map
	sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map lumath.map
	sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map lucidabr-o.map
	sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map lumath-o.map

Hope this helps,