[OS X TeX] Invisible character

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jun 21 23:52:06 EDT 2006

On Jun 21, 2006, at 6:04 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> To use Will Robertson's macros for tables, I modified them a bit—
> with his help—to make it easier for me to see where to enter the
> stuff.
> To that effect, I used the mac's bitten apple which was nice
> because it didn't show on the pdf. Eventually, though, it did show—
> as a question mark.
> Somehow, I don't remember how, the bitten apple got replaced by ð
> which, so far, doesn't show on the pdf either. (But I don't know
> what key gives it!)

Howdy,

I throught that Will's macros use the bullet character as a marker
(so they can be ``found'' using some macros put together a while
ago). I never understood why things you quoted in your inclusions had
substituted the ``closed apple'' character for the bullet. Is there
something in your setup that is changing the encoding of the
characters? What is your default file encoding in TeXShop?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)