[OS X TeX] Invisible character

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Jun 23 10:41:23 EDT 2006

On 23 Jun 2006, at 3:26 pm, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> Jonathan Kew wrote:
>
>> On 23 Jun 2006, at 2:15 am, Ross Moore wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jonathan,
>>>
>>> I know this thread has gone a long way since this message, but ...
>>

>> Indeed it has, but I'm going to comment once more, as I think
>> some  corrections are needed......
>

> Er … keeping in mind that the stuff, only a mathematics text for
> adults to go from arithmetic to differential calculus in a finite
> amount of time, will eventually be uploaded under a GPL, can /I/
> just keep it as
>
>    \begin{center}
>                 \catcode`\•=\active \def•{}
>                 \begin{tabular}{@{} ccc @{}}
>                 etc

You can, provided the results are as required. Which I believe they
will be; this seemed to me like a solution that was appropriate to
your needs.

> Puzzled but very grateful regards

You're welcome! It's not compulsory to study and understand every
detail of the various possible solutions, just use one that works for
your purposes. And if some day you have slightly different
requirements, perhaps some other fragment from the discussion will
prove useful. :)

JK