[OS X TeX] Fonts in the pdf output

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jun 29 07:21:53 EDT 2006

Am 29.06.2006 um 13:04 schrieb André Bellaïche:

> How can one force TeXShop to incorporate all the fonts used in the
> pdf output ?

No-one can. It's "TeX" that embeds or does not embed the fonts.
Utopia and Fourier are not members of the small lists of fonts that
do *not* need 'downloading' or embedding, so they should be there.
Are TeXShop and for example Adobe Reader showing the PDF file
correctly? Do you have xpdf installed or at least the command line
programme pdffonts? Adobe Reader could show in its GUI and pdffonts
in Terminal which fonts are contained in the PDF file.

Which way do you produce the PDF file?

I do not use Adobe Illustrator, so I can't recommend any preferences
settings. If you just need formulas to copy them you might try
LaTeXiT (http://ktd.club.fr/programmation/latexit_en.php).

--
Greetings

   Pete

A child of five could understand this!  Fetch me a child of five.