[OS X TeX] Building new LaTeX formats w/ OS X Textures

Frank STENGEL fstengel at mac.com
Thu Jun 29 15:00:52 EDT 2006

Le 29 juin 06 à 10:34, J. McKenzie Alexander a écrit :

> I'm trying to build (or \dump) the most recent version of LaTeX to
> use with OS X Textures.  I've downloaded the base directory from
> CTAN but, after having unpacking and processed all the *.ins files,
> I'm a bit stuck at what to do next.
>
> I've created an empty file in Textures, saved it to the 'base'
> folder containing all the input files for LaTeX, switched the
> typesetter to VirTeX, and then typed
>
> 	\input latex.ltx
>
> in the editor window.
>
> What I get is the following error message:

<snap>
>> texsys.cfg specifies the current directory syntax to be
>> macro:->:
>> but this does not work on this system.
>> Remove texsys.cfg and restart.

<snip>

> Am I doing something wrong?  If so, would someone please tell me
> where I might find documentation on how to do this?

What happens is that your system believes it is working on a pre OSX
system. which is quite normal: Textures was pre-OSX until very
recently... What you have to do is modify texsys.cfg by uncommenting
the line

% \def\@currdir{./}

found just after

% \subsection{UNIX (other)}

and comment out (if not already done) any line looking like

% \def\@currdir{:}

This should do the trick... That is I do not get any errors, only a
crash...

--
Frank STENGEL (fstengel<at>mac.com)