[OS X TeX] Fonts in the pdf output

André Bellaïche abellaic at math.jussieu.fr
Thu Jun 29 18:02:35 EDT 2006

Le 29 juin 06 à 20:38, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> Am 29.06.2006 um 18:02 schrieb André Bellaïche:
>
>> Or do these fonts already exist, as Peter Dyballa suggests?
>>
>> Anyway, I have not been able to find them.
>>

> A bit of "googling" revealed:
>
> http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/getFile.py?fn=/systems/mac/fonts/oztex/
> utopia-oztex.sit
> http://www.masterstech-home.com/The_Library/Font_Samples/
> Font_Sample_Files/Mac/U/UtopiaTT.hqx
> ftp://ftp.gutenberg.eu.org/pub/gut/distribs/fourier/fourier-mac-
> v15-12-02-2005.sit
>
> This last link was supplied in this list some time ago.

Thank you for your help. In fact, I got it 20 minutes ago. But I am
not as a good googler as you. I had to remember that the name of the
French Tex User Group is Gutenberg and look on their site.

So, it works, but there is still a problem with some math operators:
What appears as a "+" or "=" in the pdf output (and was designed to
appear so) becomes a \Downarrow symbol or a kind of {\cal I} (maybe
\Im) when the same pdf output is opened with Illustrator.

Illustrator says these glyphs are Fourier / Math Symbol. This is
right. If you create a new file with Illustrator (Adobe Illustrator
CS2), put the current font to Fourier / Math Symbol and type + or =
from the keybord, you get the same funny symbols.

This is the encoding problem we were warned about by William Adams
(note that I use applemac as inputenc, and MacOSRoman as the encoding
chosen in the TeXShop Preferences). I think I can correct it by hand
for small formulas, but it would be fine if some font guru give us
the right way to get out of it.

Thank you all.

André