[OS X TeX] Characters for command, control etc. keys

Jon Guyer jguyer at his.com
Sat Mar 4 12:31:36 EST 2006

On Mar 4, 2006, at 8:31 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Mar 4, 2006, at 7:05 AM, Peder Axensten wrote:
>
>> How can I get characters/symbols to represent the command, control,
>> alt. etc. keys?
>> How do I get ⌘, ⌃, ⌤, ⌥, ⌅, ⎋ etc. in LaTeX?
>>
>> E.g. "Press ⌘P to print the document".
>>
>> /Peder
>
> Howdy,
>
> With the help of Kino Quinon I put together a small package, called
> Applekeys, that has these keys as eps and pdf images so it just works
> with either pdflatex or latex+dvips+distiller processing. It is called
> AppleKeys.zip and is available from <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2/>.

While I think this is great, keep in mind the Apple Style Guide
stipulation on the use of these symbols in user documentation, e.g.,

Command key On first use in print user documentation, identify the
Command key with
its symbol: Command (⌘) key. Thereafter, just use Command key. Don’t
use Apple key.

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/
APStyleGuide/AppleStyleGuide2006.pdf>