[OS X TeX] ! LaTeX Error: File `pdfsync.sty' {and topcapt.sty] not found

Arno Kruse arnokruse at macnews.de
Sun Mar 5 09:04:32 EST 2006

Am 04.03.2006 um 22:54 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> Am 04.03.2006 um 20:43 schrieb Winfried Zettelmeyer:
>
>> \usepackage{eurosym}% prints the Euro symbol
>> \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}% allows accented letters
>> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} % dito
>> \usepackage{textcomp} % dito
>> \usepackage{lmodern} % dito
>
> If you use textcomp and lmodern fonts, you do not need eurosym. Via
> textcomp you can access the (lmodern) font's € as \texteuro{}. Using
>
> 	\usepackage[latin9]{inputenc}

<snip>

I have tried out both ways to produce the glyph (is that correct?) €.

The Euro glyphs are significantly different. For my taste eurosym
produces a much prettier glyph than textcomp. But TeX does not allow
me to access eurosyms € directly, I must type \euro.

I am sure there are experts who can decide which glyph is correct;
for me textcomps euro looks - plucked and puny.

Arno