[OS X TeX] [Sort-of Off]: Plotting Software

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 22:43:33 EST 2006

andi petculescu wrote:

> Hi Alain,
>
> After you launch gnuplot, are you setting your terminal to aquaterm
> ("gnuplot> set term aqua") ?

I have no idea how to launch gnuplot. The only thing Finder finds for
gnuplot is

    Applications > Aquaterm > Adapters > gnuplot > ReadMe and ReleaseNotes.

ReadMe says:

    The adapter aquaterm.trm is now distributed as part of gnuplot
    version 4 and to avoid confusion, it is not distributed as part of
    AquaTerm anymore.

    Get gnuplot from http://gnuplot.sourceforge.net

    Make sure you install AquaTerm first and then follow the normal
    instructions for compiling gnuplot 4.x.x, which are:
    ./configure
    make
    make install

The trouble is that I am terminally terminal impaired. I tried to do so
and nothing happened.

Also, on the gnuplot download page, I read

  # Gnuplot 4.0 for the Macintosh *to be* available at
    homepage.mac.com/gnuplot/ <http://homepage.mac.com/gnuplot/> (or
    somewhere else, please wait).

Go figure.

Regards