[OS X TeX] Paper Format

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Mar 10 21:43:32 EST 2006

Hi all.

My university job involves a lot of traveling,  and
I bring my powerbook with me.  My gwTeX installation
is configured to have a4 as paper format - the normal
paper format in Europe, where I work.  But in Canada
(where I am in these weeks, for example) the usual
paper format is letter.  However, typesetting with
  \documentclass[12pt,letterpaper]{llncs}
at the beginning of the LaTeX source file, the size
of the pages in the ps file generated by dvips is still a4
(I guess that's the format used by dvipdf too) hence I
get weird displacements of the pages when printing
doubly sided.  Is there a way to quickly change paper
size for DVIPS without having to reconfigure the packages?
It would be nice if TeXshop offered such an option.

best
  Roberto